Sunday, July 19, 2026

It's been a minute.

     It's been 5 years since I posted anything here. Longer since I posted anything of substance. Last you all knew, I was happily married to Tom, Ryan was probably in high school, I had 2 young sons, and I think we may have just bought the house. My mother's death was a fresh wound but other than that life was good.  And for most of the time since, it has been good. 
     During covid my oldest son let us know that she was actually my youngest daughter and Rose has thrived since. She's entering her senior year in high school next month. Danny will be a junior and despite a freshman year riddled with health problems and surgery (hyperemesis and eventual gall bladder removal), he's doing great. And they both love the cool new substitute science teacher, mostly because it's their sister.   I hear all of this on Tuesdays, which is when they come over for pizza and cards, although it's rare for all 3 to actually show up.
     Tom and I split 3 years ago. I couldn't convince myself that things were good anymore and he refused to see a problem until it was too late. We tried couple's counseling and although it helped tremendously,  it was too late. But I've moved on and I'm currently working in a plastics factory and engaged to a wonderful man named Mike, who was a friend before any of this crap started. We rent a 4 bedroom house together, although 2 of the rooms sit furnished and empty most of the time, as the kids prefer to stay at their dad's with their computers and online lives. I miss them so much but I refuse to guilt them with it. The fourth bedroom is my sewing room and I absolutely love it. I've made I dont know how many quilts and quilt tops and my current project is trying to teach myself enough tailoring to design and make my wedding dress. 
     And that's why I've started the blog back up. I want to track my progress. I'll be uploading pictures and hopefully when I'm done, I'll have my perfect dress, or at least something I'm not embarrassed to wear. Wish me luck!

No comments: