Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Shit that pisses me off.

A friend once told me that I don't have pet peeves; I have whole kennels of irritations. In that spirit, I am posting a list of things I hate, in no particular order.

  1. People who think they're clever by taking slang literally when I'm always mad. "Oh, shit makes you angry. As in actual pieces of feces that somehow annoy you? hahahaha." To which I respond, "Yes. For instance, you are a piece of feces and you're making me mad."
  2. People who think they're clever by pointing out my typos to use against me since I hate spelling and grammar errors, as if they're the same thing. And they're not. A spelling or grammar error is when somebody doesn't know any better or worse, when they don't care. A typo is when you know how to spell the word but you hit the wrong key, or hit the right keys but in the wrong order. Mocking me for a mistake because I don't like ignorance, because you can't tell the difference between mistake and ignorance, shows your ignorance. Got it?
  3. When articles about a violent death include details of it. The family sees those headlines, even if they don't read the articles. No one needs to see a big old headline about how their daughter was raped and killed and nearly beheaded. Have some damn respect.
  4. When (some) conservatives accuse liberals of being intolerant because they don't like anti-gay speech/actions. "Liberals are always talking about tolerance and acceptance but they sure as hell can't tolerate any opinion other than theirs." Seriously? So it's intolerant not to sit and listen to the KKK without objection, too? We let you say your hate but we don't have to take it lying down. You have a constitutional right to free speech, but not to free speech without consequence. 
  5. When dogs try to lick in my mouth. Kiss my face, fine, but stay out of my orifices.
  6. When I look for tubas on google and get French horns instead. WTF people?

1 comment:

Lua Morris said...

Number three is a real shame. I guess I never thought too much about it, but you're completely right. No one wants to be reminded of such horrific details on a regular basis. Whatever happened to humanity?

I also hate dogs' tongues in my mouth. Gross! I don't even like writing it.

You want to know what I really hate?
I hate the people who cannot pick up after their dog(s). It is so rude and utterly disgusting to leave dog poop on the sidewalk right outside my door.