Friday, October 10, 2014

The pressure to be finished with a work in progress is a LOT.

I have picked up subtle and less subtle hints that I should show off my new house. And man, would I love too. Except that my kids wreck it as fast as I clean it.  But also, I have always been weird. And a lot of it was by design.  My mother's voice echoes in my head, "You do this all for shock effect."  I now have a home I love, and feel comfortable in, but are the visible eccentricities just sad cries for shock effect? Am I begging for attention? I don't think so. I feel relaxed and comfortable whether or not anyone sees the man under the stairs, but if I were photographing the house, the man under the stairs would be a photo I'd include.  But when I get the place cleaned up more, maybe for Xmas???  I'll post photos. Promise

1 comment:

Kate said...

Don't let your mother's harsh words make you feel any less than what you are. The eccentricities are what make you you. Embrace them. Your mom grew up in a generation where they were taught to stifle their desires and emotions. The fact that you don't constantly post pictures of your "shocking" lifestyle or ever post pictures of it for that matter are proof that you aren't doing it for attention.