Friday, December 12, 2008

I have the best baby in the world

Tonight, for like the fifth night in a row, I put Tommy to bed without incident. It was around 9:00, he'd just finished eating and was now rubbing his eyes and fussing, so I changed his diaper, kissed him goodnight, and then laid him down in the pack n play. While I was still arranging the blanket over him he started chewing on his thumb and rolled over onto his side. I turned off the light and never heard a peep out of him after that. Ryan never did that. Then again, I went to bed at 8:00 with Ryan because she broke into spontaneous hour-long screaming fits in the middle of the night. But I have to say, even knowing that I don't know much about other babies out there, I have the best baby in the world.

1 comment:

roberts05 said...

I am jealous and my guy isn't even here yet. I just know that I'm going to have problems with him. He already won't let me sleep! I can't tell you the last time I got to sleep more than 3 hours in a stretch. Right now I'm sitting here with major back pain and some contractions, but I'm not getting too excited yet. I've had a few false starts already. I am ready to be done. Be glad you never had to do insulin or anything. I've been on 5 injections a day and it's still not 100% under control.