Wednesday, March 09, 2011

It fucked up my day

Ever wake up in a fine mood - I mean a normal morning shuffling-your-feet eyes-barely-open mood - only to see something so innocuous yet wrong as to have it just completely fuck up the day right from the beginning? Maybe it's a glob of toothpaste spit in the bathroom sink, or pee dribbles on the toilet seat, or just a cereal bowl with flakes cemented to the inside of it on the counter, or maybe even something far worse, but it grosses you out, you have to clean it up, and you know that the responsible party will never do anything more than laugh it off. That's my morning today. Before even making my coffee, before even setting eyes on my coffee pot, my day started with having to clean up yuck, somebody else's yuck that somebody else should have cleaned up his own damn self. And it fucked up my day. And I know damn well that he is out there, in the world, driving his little semi around, waiting for me to call him, and I'm not going to do it. Because I am still shuffling my feet with my eyes barely open, wishing my migraine pills were opiate based rather than NSAID, and completely unwilling at this point to hear a half-hearted chuckling "Sorry, hon." I am just not in the mood for it, in large part because my day has been fucked up. Can I say that again? Tom fucked up my day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are my hero Charlie!

I'm sorry you had your day fucked up because you have started mine out great.