Wednesday, August 15, 2012

To-may-to, to-mah-to

I saw this online and my first thought was "Wow, republicans are gonna be mad at this," because to me, it's such a classic democrat kind of statement.  But then I realized that my republican friends probably see it the other way around.  To them, entitlement and believing that the world owes you something is classic democrat, whereas to me, believing that you owe the world something and that you should contribute something to society is classic democrat.  I'm interested to know how others see it. Is it an article taking aim at lazy people who expect welfare to take care of them, or one taking aim at selfish people who don't want to pay into programs to help society?

1 comment:

Lua Morris said...

Not ready to fully comment on this. I do think there are a lot of younger people who feel a sense of entitlement. But, I think that comes from how they were raised. I do believe that communities should provide facilities and opportunities for people of all ages. It's give and take, but a whole lot rests upon the shoulders of parents/guardians to set an example. Perhaps the community can set an example too. Hmm....