Thursday, September 13, 2007

In Defense Of My Weight

I've been told that I'm not fat. I've been told that it's rude to fat people, me saying I'm fat. I've been accused of fishing for compliments by saying I'm fat. So here's the deal: to me, based on my own opinion of my size in relation to the many sizes I've been in my life, I feel fat. Not obese, not roly-poly, but fat. I do not want to get obese or roly-poly, so I am exercising. No, I am not saying that anyone any larger than me is fat. And no, I am not saying that anyone who wears my current clothing size is fat. All I am saying is that when I stand naked in front of a mirror, I can see bulges and creases where I do not want them to be.

So, you can take this as a thinly veiled insult to yourself, or as me fishing for compliments, or whatever. Personally, I like to see it as just another reminder that all us women have a common bond.

None of us like how we look naked in front of the mirror.

No comments: