Monday, March 30, 2009

Stupid things I take from movies (and one book)

  1. I can't eat strawberry pie, just in case a gypsy put a curse into it. Thank you, Stephen King's Thinner.
  2. I can't use four pronged faucet handles because there's a chance that Freddy Krueger might turn them into hands and slit my wrists. Thank you, Nightmare On Elm Street 3.
  3. I can't eat shrimp cocktail that's hung around the outside of a cup because it reminds me of the dinner scene in Beetlejuice.
  4. I can't spray myself in the face with anything because the spray bottles in Patricia Cornwell's novel, Unnatural Exposure were laced with smallpox.
  5. I have never once been able to look into a mirror and say "Bloody Mary" three times. Better safe than sorry.
  6. I can't use an automatic garage door opener unless I am safely inside either a locked car or house because of Scream.


. . . to be continued

No comments: