Monday, November 22, 2010

My son, the evil genius

Yesterday Tommy gave me this look, and I don't know how to explain it other than to say that it was a very cognizant look. Normally when he looks at me it's very 2 dimensional. He's angry, he's happy, he's crapping himself. But this was different. And suddenly I suspected that he's a very very smart little boy underneath all the boisterous destruction. It scared me. We talk around that kid all the time. He knows what everyone's getting for Christmas, he knows all our arguments. He even knows what my friend and her husband fight about. If he's aware enough to actually know these things, we could be in trouble. Also, who hides that they're smart? Not just how smart they are, but that they have any clue what's going on. I'll tell you who: sociopaths.

No comments: