Monday, May 09, 2011

A loud day

Today is a loud day.  I don't have a headache, yet, but every sound just stabs into my ear like an ice pick. Tommy sounds louder, my cell phone rings louder, I've had to turn down the volume on everything I can.  I know I will have a headache by the end of the day, but right now it's just loud.  I do not like loud days because they make me a bad mom. To counteract this, I am trying to be a super-good mom today. I let Tommy make brownies, which invariably leads to powdered mix on the table, egg shells in the batter, and then somehow they turn out great anyway. But it's a mess and a hassle I usually try to avoid, plus it's jsut more chocolate and junk food in the house and who needs that?  Then I made him a big bowl of popcorn, which means he won't eat lunch, but he's only fed a couple handfuls to the cat and is watching Wall-E silently on the couch so it's okay for now.

No comments: