Monday, May 23, 2011

An exercise in futility

It is once again time for me to make up Ryan's summer reading list.  This is a list of books that I feel kids should read, which I am ensuring she will never read simply by recommending them. Because I am an idiot and I never learn.
  1. For the third year in a row, The Picture Of Dorian Gray
  2. For the third year in a row, 1984
  3. Jennifer Government (I think she actually wanted to read this book until I recommended it)
  4. Pardon Me, You're Stepping On My Eyeball
  5. Slaughterhouse 5
And this year I've decided to add movies to the list too, since maybe she'll sit down and watch a film for 2 hours to get me off her back since she obviously won't read a book to accomplish it.
  1. Milk
  2. The Breakfast Club
  3. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
  4. Better Off Dead
  5. The Secret Of My Success

No comments: